• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580CK loader bucket curl stuck down

pfer10

Moving some dirt yesterday when I dumped I couldn't get the bucket to curl back up. Lever is pushing the spool in like normal that I can tell. Figured there was something that went wrong in the spool until looking at the circuit and it has the hydra leveling cylinder built in which also leads me to believe that maybe the main seal could be blown in it and that creates the same situation. Any pointers on what to check?

I also recall someone some years ago mentioned disconnecting the leveling cylinder and getting rid of it as eventually it will damage the loader somehow but at that time I didn't understand what they were talking about. Can anyone explain that might know these old tractors?

I could call Dale this week but not sure how he is getting around anymore and hate to bother him.