• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580C Power Shuttle Rebuild

JD750B

Got all the parts in and pulled the power shuttle over the weekend. Suspect badly worn forward clutch pac (pressures good and reverse works fine). Hope to get it rebuilt on turkey day. Any pitfalls or special procedures I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

JD750B

Rebuild complete. About 6 hours from the time I cracked the case to the time the shuttle was back in the backhoe ready for a test run. Works great now. Previously, it would barely get moving in 1st gear. Someone had been inside the unit before using generous amounts of silicone gasket maker and also left out a few parts (snap rings) as well as having reversed the position of the pressure plates on the forward clutch. The rebuild kit I got from Equipment Parts source was very complete and everything I needed including all new snap rings was included. Kudoos to them.

Well. I have gotten it to steer (replaced frozen king pins), gotten it to stop (all new brakes) and now it will move on its own. Next stop reworking the guages and a few leaking cylinders and then a few bushings and pins. Then the paint gun. It is actually starting to look like I'll be able to make it a useful tool for the ranch.

carogator

good job. is equipment parts source the actual name for the kits? i am
probably going to need some kits for my ford 6500.
thanks for any info.

JD750B

I have been buying all my parts for the 580C rebuild from equipmentpartssource.com. Thier prices have been the best and I have been very pleased with the quality and speed of shipping. Marc is the guy that runs the operation. He has always been very helpful.