• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580C instrument panel?

JD750B

Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacment instrument panel for a 580C at a resonable price? I also need a new tack drive cable. The wiring harness is mostly intact but will take some patching.

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
I called my local dealer and they found a used one from a salvage dealer. $120 versus 820. Of course I am sure the newer ones are more expensive.

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
580 c

I forgot to mention that is was just the instrument cluster that i bought. I still need the console and a wiring diagram:Banghead

And I have made 5 posts and still cant start a new thread. What the heck is up with that? any thoughts?

JD750B

I forgot to mention that is was just the instrument cluster that i bought. I still need the console and a wiring diagram:Banghead

And I have made 5 posts and still cant start a new thread. What the heck is up with that? any thoughts?

Thanks for the lead. Not sure why you can not post. I began posting the day I registered. You might email the moderator.

Thanks again.

Shrmndlit

Occupation
Work for Myself!
Know this is an old post but I have a new to me 1980 580c and am having trouble getting the dash off. I can not get it past the foward and neutral lever and the throttle lever. I have the manual on order but dont want to wait I have a few pics. But not sure how to post

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
If you will look down the shafts on the throttle lever and the shift lever, you will see two clamps on each one. Underneath those two clamps are roll pins. Removal of the roll pins will allow the rods to come into. I removed my dash assy by dis-assembling the shift lever only, then you can work it past the throttle lever. The throttle lever has a friction disc arrangement that requires much more work to remove than the shift rod. You will probably have to replace the spring in the shift handle anyway, and it's much easier to do on the bench.

Shrmndlit

Occupation
Work for Myself!
Ok I think I saw what you were talking about is it the part under the plate that all three go through (Ster thro and shift) at the floor? Or the round barral the shaft goes through about half way down from the handle to the floor? I took the two claps off of that but seemed to do no good. Whish I could post some pics for you thanks Oldman

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
When you removed the clamps, where they were located, there's a sleeve that connects the two halves of the shift rod together. Through each end of that sleeve, there's a roll pin. Drive those two roll pins out, and that sleeve has a split about half it's length. Drive a screwriver blade or thin chisel in that slit to spread the sleeve, lube well with Kroil (or some other penetrating oil) and you can seperate the two rods. The shift rod will then come out with the dash assy, with the throttle rod still in place by working with it. I'm going to send you a PM. E mail me back your snail mail address, and I'll mail you a CD with the parts, service and operator manual.

Shrmndlit

Occupation
Work for Myself!
Wow I was so close had the two clamps loose already just had to move them to see the roll pins. poped those out and hit one time with a hammer and the whole thing came loose. thanks again