• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 Super K Hyd hoses

zbo2

Borrowed a friends 580Sk. One of the hoses on the hoe bucket blew. They are both in horrible shape so I want to change both of them. I'm not sure of the ID of the hose or the pressure rating. Also the size of the fittings. One hose is male JIC by male JIC and the other is male JIC and what I'm guessing is some type of o-ring fitting. Does anyone know the sizes of the hoses and the fittings? Thanks

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I don't know the size/type of fittings... but usually it's safest to take the hoses with you when getting replacement hoses so they will match up right.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
remove the hoses and get them made. Best way to do it cause you need to replace em anyways

zbo2

Understood, I wanted to save some money and order them from Discount Hydraulics on line... I got all the ones for my dozer from them and they were perfect. I just am not sure of the fitting sizes on the backhoe. I think they are 10's with 5/8" hose but I don't have anything to match up to make sure. Was hoping someone here had done this already... Thanks though

mikebramel

1" tube nut hex is a 5/8. The "oring fitting" is probably a male ORB fitting screwed right into the tube? Also a 5/8" if it has a 1" wrench size

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I thought discount hydraulics had an identification chart on their website... I know surplus center does :) make for a handy chart to ID the common fittings.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
JIC and SAE O-Ring Boss are the same thread pitch and same thread diameter, the only difference is the JIC has a taper on the end of the fitting whereas ORB is a straight thread with an o-ring to make the seal.
-4, 1/4" tube size 7/16-20 threads
-6, 3/8 tube size 9/16-18
-8, 1/2 tube size 3/4-16
-10, 5/8 tube size 7/8-14
-12, 3/4 tube size 1 1/6-12
-14, 7/8 tube size 1 3/16-12
-16, 1" tube size 1 5/16-12

zbo2

Thanks guys.......... it gets confusing to me because I don't work with this stuff all the time. It ended up being 5/8 ID hose and the fittings are a 12's. So I needed 10-12 fittings, 10 for the hose side and 12 for the actual fitting side. The o-ring one was also 10-12 sae-orb. I appreciate that chart Willie. I didn't realize that the thread pitch was the same between the JIC and SAE-ORB.