• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

500hp n14 with 18 spd tranny LOW POWER

rioncrsn

Hello was wondering if anyone had any idea what would make my dump truck pull weak, it has the 500hp n14 with 18spd tranny, and compared to my other dump with 460hp n14 with 8ll it want keep up, will hardly keep up with some of the trucks that are way more underpowered , any suggestions? Thansk

wilko

Put another way, your boost gauge and air filter minder are diagnostic tools. You should be making more than 30 lbs of boost with that engine. Filters are always the place to start, but your air-to-air could be leaking, your fuel pump might be weak or fuel lines are restricted, might have a bad sensor.

FMD

Hello was wondering if anyone had any idea what would make my dump truck pull weak, it has the 500hp n14 with 18spd tranny, and compared to my other dump with 460hp n14 with 8ll it want keep up, will hardly keep up with some of the trucks that are way more underpowered , any suggestions? Thansk

Are you pushing any smoke out the exhaust under a heavy load. If so, what color is the smoke. When was the last time you changed your fuel and air filters? What is you turbo boost (30 psi?). When was the last overhead ran on it? Are you getting full throttle (if you are hauling aggreate, I seen materail under the pedal which limits the throw of the throttle). What year is the engine (ISX engine I assume). If so, is there a engine warning light on? Did you hook up insite to it.