• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450 Case tracks

fabman72

Hi I have an older 450 case loader and have a chance to buy a good set of rails with pads my rails are the smaller ones on the older 450's and the ones im looking at are for the 450b model or 455 loader can i change the sprockets to the newer ones will the newer rails work my serial number is 3040788
thanks for any info James

QuickTrax

James, The sprocket on the 450b S/N-3067651-3076100 has a 27 tooth sprocket 7 Bolt holes which is also what your machine should have. I can't tell you if the bolt holes will line up. If they would, you would need to see how dished the sprocket would be and if it will line up w/ the track. The difference in the pitch of the chains is 1/8 of an inch. Your sprockets that are on your machine would probably work. They wouldn't be perfect but you could probably run w/ it.

Occupation
Owner/Operator
James Be careful, the width of the 450B rails are wider than straight 450 and may not fit inside the roller flanges. Measure width of both to be sure. Also straight 450 sprockets can be straight or dished but could never tell which it took by sn. Hope this helps.