• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

410d charge pressure

mrfixit77845

i put in a new hyd pmp on my 410d jd bak hoe on the lower side of pmp is a 3/8 high pressure hose i attached a guage to it and get no pressure is this my charge pressure line? if so where is the charge pump they said i need aleast 130 psi

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Charge pump is mounted to the front of the main hydraulic pump.

Standing in front of the machine looking at the hydraulic pump, there is a large plug between the two steel lines on your left that should have a test port in it. That is where the charge pressure is checked.

Serial number would help since there is 3 different (slightly) variations.

Was there a failure? Did the filters get changed and the suction screen cleaned. Was the surge relief cleaned/replaced?

mrfixit77845

thank you for your response mg. sn td410dg777289 the pump shredded inside replaced filter flushed lines put on rebuilt pump it failed they warranteed it but said charge pressure needs to be 130psi

mrfixit77845

Charge pump is mounted to the front of the main hydraulic pump.

Standing in front of the machine looking at the hydraulic pump, there is a large plug between the two steel lines on your left that should have a test port in it. That is where the charge pressure is checked.

Serial number would help since there is 3 different (slightly) variations.

Was there a failure? Did the filters get changed and the suction screen cleaned. Was the surge relief cleaned/replaced?

Thank you mg for your response sn td410dg777289 the pump was destroyed inside a bag full of shrapnel was in it. i got a rebuilt pump from kentech changed filter and flushed lines. put on new pump and it locked up sent it back they warranted it but made sure i knew that the charge pump pressure needs to be at least 130 psi i did nothing on the surge relief or suction screen. the large plug has a plug in the center

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That plug in the center of the large plug is for checking charge pressure.

mrfixit77845

i will check that this morning and let you know what i find. also there is a small line coming out of the bottom left side of pmp with it disconnected i started the tractor and nothing came out of that line thanks Stan

mrfixit77845

was in the field had to have hoses and fittings made up to fit the charging port and guage i have pics on my phone but having knowledge trouble getting them to this site. headed back out now to mske test. my gage goes to 300psi worried that when i start it at an idle will that be okay

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
300 psi gauge will be fine. The spec is 130 +/-20 psi at fast idle.

If you log into the forum on your phone you should be able to upload the pictures.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That small line should be the case drain line for the pump. If you follow that line to the other end it should go into the transaxle (reservoir). That needs to be connected so the oil (that normally leaks internally) can return to the reservoir. Otherwise the hyd pump can build pressure and blow out the seals.

Also can I see a picture of the front of the pump please?

mrfixit77845

That small line should be the case drain line for the pump. If you follow that line to the other end it should go into the transaxle (reservoir). That needs to be connected so the oil (that normally leaks internally) can return to the reservoir. Otherwise the hyd pump can build pressure and blow out the seals.

Also can I see a picture of the front of the pump please?

i tested charge pressure t an idle it was 120 a ihigh idle yeilded 138

mrfixit77845

yes i did so i guess i can put it back together and use it i was just worried that when the new pmp failed it would happen again. and i surely don't want to pull the pmp again and not have them warranty it i want to thank you so much for your help with this.