• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

320 D Code

Metalman 55

We were running our 320D today & it suddenly lost power...…..Code 36:262-4 came up. Can anyone decipher that one for us? Thanks

Attachments

• Ser_Num.jpg
    Ser_Num.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you have the Electrical Schematic for the machine.? If not, post a Serial Number and I'll send you one.

Attached is the troubleshooting for 039:262-04 on a wheeled excavator where the only 5v sensor on the machine is for the transmission pressure. It gives the basics that you have to test for but without knowing how many 5v sensors there are on your 320D (not all are. 8v & 10v are also possibilities) it can only be a guide. So it's back to the issue of a schematic again.

Attachments

• CID262 FMI04.pdf
    144.2 KB · Views: 5

Nige

I just had a look at a random 320D electrical schematic and found at least five sensors on that model powered by 5v. i guess your machine could be similar.
You have to be careful though. On the schematic I looked at there were two sources of 5v sensor power, one from the engine control (MID 036) and the other from the machine control (MID 039) which in your case is the one producing the 262-04 Diagnostic Code, so that will narrow it down a bit.

Question: Is the machine equipped with a viscous fan clutch..?

Nige

Question: Is the machine equipped with a viscous fan clutch..?
Just found your photo of the S/N plate. Yes it has - see item 3. Temperature sensor is also item 3 on the 2nd illustration.
The viscous clutch temperature sensor is the only one on the machine fed with 5v from the Machine ECM. All other 5v sensors on the machine get their power from the Engine ECM.
If you need the electrical schematic shout out.

upload_2020-10-9_16-52-20.pngupload_2020-10-9_16-54-10.png

Nige

Must be off my head today...........I could've sworn I read it as 039. Agreed. MID036, engine ECM.
According to the schematic there appear to be five sensors powered by 5V from the engine ECM.
It's not totally straighforward though, because there are three separate 5V 200mA supplies from the ECM and on the face of it it's impossible to know which one is generating the Code. On top of that the wires in question have no numbers ........... see snip.

upload_2020-10-9_18-25-8.png