• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310A Pressure Control Valve Valve Removal issues

comet424

hi im in another posting for my backhoe having no hydraulics

but i figured i might get more help quicker specifying my current issue

i have the pressure control valve still bolted to the backhoe as its too awkward to remove

but i too the plug out the washers that were behind it and the spring.

now the drawing shows washers and the orifice there andthen the valve but on here that doesnt work that way

so i have the valve trying to pull it out but it gets stuck you can only pull it out a bit then just sticks i tried a scribber in there as the picture shows the valve has holes and also like screws so i figured i could twist it out... nothing works

how do i remove it and clean it and hoping that my pressure problems is not the transmission charge pump

lantraxco

I think there was an update that eliminated the separate orifice, not sure.

Here's what the new version looks like removed:

ar65882.jpg

If it's that tight in the bore there may be material or scoring making it stick. Should be smooth as silk in there.

Is there a pressure line connected in line with the spool at the front? Might be able to take the fitting out and push the spool from there.

comet424

ok my end looks like that at least what the grooves for... so does that mean there is no orifice on here?

and its awkard enough gotta take front line off? lol well hopefully something plugged in there as i think my charge pressure was 50 psi i think and i read somewhere today that be too low so i hoping pressure control valve fixes that i have no hydraulics no boom outriggers or loader... but i can drive it and steer

as for blockage you say i can slide the valve in and out smoothly but when it comes out partial it feels like it hits a wall

lantraxco

Does it steer easily, like power steering, and do the brakes work properly?

How far does the spool move before it stops? May be a shoulder from wear, or possibly a chunk of debris stuck in the valve.

comet424

From what I remember. Backhoe steered ok. Has been sitting two years as I never had time to work on it. As for how much comes out. Ya I guess the shoulder hitting. As you can poke it in and out easily. Bug claps or clangs whatever sound hitting you call it as I pull on it. Ill to to take lines off to get at top line. And push it out then. So tight in there

comet424

From your pic that big black dot is that a big hole through pipe so I can try to twist pipe and hook in

comet424

oh as in for brakes from what i remember brakes work perfectly fine... why are they also hydraulic?

comet424

oh and looking at the drawing for the 310 pressure control valve housing its backwards and so is that valve as how it goes in the unit as the thing goes the opposite way and so does the casing those 3 mounting bolts dont fit that way

lantraxco

There is a hole for the spring, don't know how deep it is.

Brakes are hydraulic, I believe they're connected. The steering is for sure, tees off before the pressure control valve.

They used the same pressure control valve on at least a dozen models, it's a generic picture I'm sure. Can you get a camera in there and snap a pic?

comet424

oh the spring came out that was the first thing that came out out

i took the unit off i didnt know the side of the pressure control valve is used too this is going to be a problem i should have pressure washed the backhoe how the hell am i going to get it back up there dirt free it was a bitch to get out

but here some pics

you can see the front side its got a pin in there i tried using a screw driver and a punch with a hammer to tap that valve out the back but it wont friging budge

but here a few pics

i need to cut a 1 3/8 wrench in half its too hard to loosen these lines the side of the backhoe has to come off really

Attachments

• PIC_1644.jpg
    PIC_1644.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 83
  • PIC_1643.jpg
    PIC_1643.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 81
  • PIC_1642.jpg
    PIC_1642.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 85
  • PIC_1641.jpg
    PIC_1641.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 85
  • PIC_1640.jpg
    PIC_1640.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 82

comet424

i left that line on as 1 i couldnt get it off yet and 2nd i not sure can i tighten that line back on if i put the unit back up later since everything is god dam tight in there working from under neath

lantraxco

Don't know what to tell you at this point, maybe drive it back in and try to wash it from all angles with some brake cleaner or something, hopefully wash out whatever it's hanging up on.

comet424

i tried with needle nose plyers to slide down that pin but she wont budge either,,. as i figured the valve might slide out the front

it slides in and out of there easily just stops on the shoulder i guess

comet424

here is youtube video i made
https://youtu.be/LWl5XMXV-nk

it shows the unit and how the valve slides easily i just cant get the sob out... also i washed the area with parts cleaner brake cleaner and id slide it up hopefully no dirt inbetween then when its ready

lantraxco

Ah, it's probably okay then if it's moving that far, but to get it out you probably need to hone right where the threads end in there.

comet424

oh great how you gotta get hone in there lol well then frig i took all this apart for nothing ? lol ugh

so its supposed to to come out the back right

lantraxco

Maybe, I can see all the way through the center of that valve spool, I have to wonder if it's supposed to be like that, or is it the old style and the orifice is missing?

As far as I can remember, yes it comes out the back. Maybe a round sanding tube, probably won't need much. Wish somebody with a technical manual or more recent experience with these old dogs would chime in.

comet424

ah ok ill try grinding it a bit then.... ya you can see right through there is no orifice what is the orifice for? and where is it supposed to go?? would that made my hydraulics weak as it was always weak but now i have no hydraulics period i guessing might be the pump hoping not the tranny pump this happened couple years ago and i had no oil cooler i was using it without one as the people before me bypassed it