• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

304c cr hydraulic hose bucket

I've blown a hose from the bucket to the cab on a cat 304c cr. The hose goes under the cab and I think ends up at the valve stack at the back. I took it off at the steel line on top of the boom but it doesn't want to budge when I attempt to pull it through to the back. Is it fastened under the cab or attached to another stack? I took the floor deck off and couldn't see a thing. Is there a website that shows the hose and I could order one and see how long it is? The dealer said it's 41 inches long and I'm measuring close to 54 inches going into the front of the cab. thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Was/is there an aluminum tag about 1/2" wide wrapped round the hose close to the fitting at the end you already disconnected..? If there is the tag will have the hose part number stamped on it. From that number there would then be no doubt as to the length of the hose.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
That would be the best idea. Failing that how about a S/N so someone could actually look it up in SIS?

Also a picture of where it hooks on the bucket cylinder would not be a bad idea. As things can get confusing with people using different terms of some components.

There are no aluminum tags on these hoses but tomorrow I'll be able to take a picture and send it to the dealer. I took the hose off at the boom end but it doesn't seem to want to come out the back. If I can identify the hose I'll probably have one made and have the service guy install it. You really can't see anything under the floor. I hate to try and force it out.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
There are no aluminum tags on these hoses but tomorrow I'll be able to take a picture and send it to the dealer. I took the hose off at the boom end but it doesn't seem to want to come out the back. If I can identify the hose I'll probably have one made and have the service guy install it. You really can't see anything under the floor. I hate to try and force it out.

Guess I'm a bit more confused here than normal. Have you unhooked both ends of the hose? Or are you trying to figure out which hose it is at the valve to be able to disconnect it?

I have been trying to look at parts break down on SIS, but without a S/N or at least a prefix it is a guessing game. But the lines on the ones I see have hoses at the stick end of the boom with steel lines running down the boom and then more hoses at the bottom of the boom. So which hoses are we talking about?

Here is a cut out of the parts book on SIS that shows the lines at the lower end of the boom where it is connected to the swing frame. It shows a clamp assembly that holds all the lines and also shows that there are some Zip-Ties holding the hoses together.

304c lines.png

Last edited:
Guess I'm a bit more confused here than normal. Have you unhooked both ends of the hose? Or are you trying to figure out which hose it is at the valve to be able to disconnect it?

I have been trying to look at parts break down on SIS, but without a S/N or at least a prefix it is a guessing game. But the lines on the ones I see have hoses at the stick end of the boom with steel lines running down the boom and then more hoses at the bottom of the boom. So which hoses are we talking about?

Here is a cut out of the parts book on SIS that shows the lines at the lower end of the boom where it is connected to the swing frame. It shows a clamp assembly that holds all the lines and also shows that there are some Zip-Ties holding the hoses together.

View attachment 157007
THANKS. I've unhooked the hose end at the boom that attaches to the steel line, but I can't figure out where the line ends up after it goes under the machine. I'm sending the pictures to the dealer tomorrow so hopefully they can identify it. The hose unhooked is the third one from the right side of the boom. It starts at the top of the bucket cylinder. None of the hoses at the right side of the machine feel like they'll pull through. If i can identify the hose I'll have one made and let the service tech install it.