• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3.9 cummins oil coming out of blow bye(engine is fairly new)

rioncrsn

Wondering what could cause oil coming out of blowby tube, could collapsed air intake line cause it or clogged air filter?

Delmer

High oil level

worn rings

head gasket

Is it a turbo? did it blow oil from new or has this just started? How much oil? a mist? a drip? a steady drip?

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
What is It in, and what are the nornal operating conditions, I have seen a few that just idled most of the time do this. Skytrak telehandler comes to mind. Never worked hard with a lot of idle time setting roof sheathing. they ran the rats out of it a bit now and then and it did clear up the slobbering problems.

fourbrrl

. they ran the rats out of it a bit now and then and it did clear up the slobbering problems.[/QUOTE]

AMEN... diesels are built to be ran hard... cylinder wall cavitation immediately comes to my mind if idled a lot ;)