• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3/4 air impact gun

hetkind

Well, I was in town yesterday afternoon and had a few extra minutes and popped into our local Northern Tool store, and they had their house brand 3/4" impact gun on clearance for $160...sold. I will give it a test this afternoon pulling budd type wheels off the M37. While I could have held out for the $450 IR, this made my weekly budget much happier.

Howard

Seabass

I bought a used CP 772H from a pawn shop, does not compare to new high torque impacts but works well and is reliable. paid $175.00 I favour CP products. 150-700 ftlbs working torque, forward? 1000ft lbs reverse, only require low cfm, 6.

Last edited:

hetkind

not so big on pawn shops, but concerned about used air tools having excessive wear. how is it working for you?

Seabass

I did some research on the PH772h before the purchase, reliable and long lasting seem to be what people say about it, I would say in my experience they are right. I used it just the other day to change a cutting edge on a 938f loader, it zipped the bolts off easy. I wouldn't buy something that I couldn't rebuild either, like a no name product.

Dirtdauber

Occupation
Semi Retired
A mistake I've seen many times over the years, is someone buying the biggest baddest impact wrench that can be had, and then running it through a 3/8" hose.
If you want big power, you've got to have enough air.
IR tools have served me well.

Old Doug

I parted out a truck in front of my shop and my 1/2" hose wouldnt reach it so i tryed the 3/4 wrench on the 3/8 hose. It wouldnt take the bolts lose i need out so i tryed my 1/2 impact and it losened them to my surprise so its a must to have a 1/2" hose with a 3/4 impact.

still learn'n

I like my 2145 it is lighter then some of the guns but I havnt tried a bunch. I have been buying air tools from landmesser tool very reasonably priced to what I have found and in most instances can get a socket set for free or real cheap look at their sale flier

JD955SC

I parted out a truck in front of my shop and my 1/2" hose wouldnt reach it so i tryed the 3/4 wrench on the 3/8 hose. It wouldnt take the bolts lose i need out so i tryed my 1/2 impact and it losened them to my surprise so its a must to have a 1/2" hose with a 3/4 impact.

Pretty much so. 1/2" hoses are the standard in our shop- most of them are the Flexzilla ones that are nice and light. I run whips on my smaller air tools to help with getting into tight spaces.