• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

279D Skid Steer

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
Just fixed the AC for one of my customer's 299D the other day. Heat valve was stuck on. Ac just couldn't overcome the heat output of the heater core once warmed up. Make sure hot coolant is not flowing through there.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Just fixed the AC for one of my customer's 299D the other day. Heat valve was stuck on. Ac just couldn't overcome the heat output of the heater core once warmed up. Make sure hot coolant is not flowing through there.
Good point. If the flow control valve for the hot water won't completely shut off you'll never get really cold air out of the a/c once the engine warms up.

heymccall

If that's the same as in my 248B, the flapper plastic is durable, but some little HVAC engineer decided to perimeter the flapper with an Oring. Damned Oring falls apart and heat wont shut off.

heymccall

That Oring is for the tube insertion connection, so coolant doesn't externally leak. The Oring I'm referring to is integral to the internals.

Mitch O

Ok, the primary and secondary filters were filthy. Put new ones in and now she's blowing about 48 degrees. According to my $2.99 harbor freight thermometer.

Mitch O

Good to hear but if changing those filters got overlooked then what else is lacking in terms of preventive maintenance that might cost you a lot more than a couple of new filters when it goes bang..?

I ask again, do you have the basic Operation & Maintenance Manual..?
I have the maintenance and operation manual that came with the machine. I am up to date on oil changes and hydraulic oil changes. Keep the air cleaners clean and up to date. Over looked the cab air cleaners.