• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

277c warning lights

stoneridge

Model 277c JWF00807 Have the red driver indicator with flashing diamond exclamation point and audible alarm. Changed oil sending switch and check pressure (59-65) but alarm still there. Also changed thermostat and alarm still there, I don't have a temp gauge in this machine which I find odd, but is there anyway to check and see what this light may be cause I have fixed both things the manual states as a possibility....it may be getting hot but I have no way of knowing that. Thanks for the help cause I'm frustrated with it

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi stoneridge ,First you need to verify that you have correct oil pressure and that the machine is not overheating
you have checked the oil pressure and you found that it is ok
Have you checked the coolant temperature? if not fit a temporary temperature gauge in place of the coolant temp sensor
if you don't have the temp gauge on the right hand console it means you don't have the optional display with the information window. As you have stated the driver alert and the engine alert alarming indicates either an engine over heat or faulty temp sensor circuit, or a low engine oil condition or faulty engine oil switch circuit.
the engine oil pressure switch circuit is a single wire going to the switch which is grounded when oil pressure is present, so an open circuit in this area will set off your alarm indicators. try grounding the switch wire and see hat happens
the coolant temperature circuit is a two wire circuit with a signal wire and a ground wire ,try either disconnecting the sensor wire and then ground it

upload_2017-8-6_8-58-23.png

upload_2017-8-6_8-59-6.png