• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

268b 10 pin plug

hjetty

looking to wire in some accessories into my pilot controls. the female end is located w/ the hyd outlets. the male plug or cap to make the high flow work is full of silicone, not sure why that is. can this style plug be bought at a good parts house or cat dealers only. will it take a special tool to make the wires connect to the pins

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You can't get those type connectors at auto parts. You can get it from Cat and the terminals you need as well, just gotta get the terminal for the size wire your going to be using, i.e. 12 ga, 14 ga, 16ga, 18 ga. You don't need a special tool to insert the pin or socket terminals into the plug housing, you do need a tool to remove them.

hjetty

You can't get those type connectors at auto parts. You can get it from Cat and the terminals you need as well, just gotta get the terminal for the size wire your going to be using, i.e. 12 ga, 14 ga, 16ga, 18 ga. You don't need a special tool to insert the pin or socket terminals into the plug housing, you do need a tool to remove them.

thanks atcoepuip stopped by a friends shop and he had the connectors similar to this on his older Case planter Same style just more pins. He thought they sould be avaliable Thank u for the info on the tool. we are lucky we have a good industrial parts house close. Thats where he found the stuff when the implement dealer did not have them. Hopfully to get this tree saw hard wired so I don't have to look for the end of the temporary wiring every time