• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

230sp bucket tooth pin styles

Occupation
Maintenance Director at a small school district
This question is regarding the buckets on a Hitachi EX35U. I have two buckets - one with three teeth and one with five teeth - the teeth on both buckets are worn out and I’m looking to replace them. In my “parts bin” I have some teeth marked 230sp which seem to fit the weld-on shanks, and match the socket size of the old, unidentifiable teeth.

I drove out one of the pins and it was a solid shaft with a groove at one end that matched up to a ring that was recessed into the tooth shank. (Between the tooth and shank)

Online I see 230sp teeth for sale, but they come with “flex pins” that don’t look right compared to what I removed. Is this just a more modern replacement pin and will work correctly on my buckets? Or should I just re-use the pins that I have?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

CK

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpeg
    IMG_7199.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7221.jpeg
    IMG_7221.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7222.jpeg
    IMG_7222.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 3
Occupation
Maybe it would help to mention that the buckets are CP Wain Roy style buckets. I believe they are made or at least distributed by Paladin.

Occupation
I just ran across these online…. They are a CAT 1U3202 tooth and the pins look correct. Are the sockets on replacement teeth somewhat universal?

Attachments

• IMG_7223.jpeg
    IMG_7223.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2