• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

226b 4 in 1 bucket does not open or close

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
probed green 996 the thumb roll in the centre reading 4.134v up the reading 1.880v down the reading 6.37
The voltage measurements are certainly in the right ball park. Are those readings repeatable (say +/-0.05v) no matter how many times you roll the thumbwheel or return it to the centre.?

If they are then hook your old joystick handle to the same electrical connection and do the same test. Post back with your results.

Roby G

I can only test the old plug in the centre i have a magnet I used before the new joy stick that might work.Yes the readings were the very similar every time I moved the thumb reel . Do you know or have a pic where the solenoids are situated can I check the plugs on the solenoids it might be the problem .
Cheers Rob

Nige

Do you know or have a pic where the solenoids are situated can I check the plugs on the solenoids it might be the problem .
Before you go to that end you are going to have to visit the ECM and ensure that the exact same voltages you measured at the connector next to the joystick are actually arriving at the ECM. For that you will need an electrical schematic. Do you have one.?

Roby G

I think I do I need to find it but I don't even know where the ECM is located the service manual has very little in diagrams. How big is the ECM like mobile phone size bigger or smaller ??

Nige

See this thread, Posts #6 & 7.
You’ll need to remove the seat first.
It’s quite likely that your ECMs will be in a similar state.

Roby G

I think I do I need to find it but I don't even know where the ECM is located the service manual has very little in diagrams. How big is the ECM like mobile phone size bigger or smaller
See this thread, Posts #6 & 7.
You’ll need to remove the seat first.
It’s quite likely that your ECMs will be in a similar state.

Roby G

Ok I'll get to it today looks like I need to lift the cab I'll test the old switch first the hydraulics have been leaking a long time before I bought the machine I'll need to clean the area in the hydraulics as well by the look of the post you sent me
Keep you posted

Nige

Your wiring layout and ECM location is slightly different to the thread I linked. See attachment. The AUX Implement ECM that receives the signals from the joysticks is #20.

Attachments

• Chassis Wiring Gp.pdf
    760.9 KB · Views: 1

Roby G

This is the only schematic that I have do I need to follow the harness to the ECM & check the wiring at the ECM