• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 cat 140m2 awd

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
i have ben runing this new M for 2 months now and i think cat got all the buggs worked out im very satisfied with this machine any one else get in a new one yet?

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
well i work for 5 diffrent townships who own there own machine i got behind on blading so worked a couple hrs after dark to get caught up.

FnS

Occupation
finish blade hand
I'm getting an M2 in October.. My boss is trading in my 2010 140M for it. Are the controls the same??? Please tell me they added micro switches on the joysticks??!!

TAM

Yes, the M-series grader are so the best, i work with O&K F106, no matter comparasions

I'm running an M2. For the most part I like the joysticks, but they will never be worth a damn for plowing snow. Those little corrections you have to make for sidedraft when you hit bigger or harder drifts are much more manageable with the wheel. I don't believe that's a 'bug' that can ever be fixed. The visibility that was gained in front was totally lost in the back. The engine compartment got just a little wider on the 2 series. I was told by someone from CAT that we should make mirror extensions. I told him no YOU should make them. Just broke the left door glass the other day when a 40 mph wind gust took it right out of my hand. That big old sheet of glass will only flex so much when it slams up against the cab. Same thing happened on my 1st M. I kind of agree with Old Grader Guy !!

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I'm interested to find out how much a door glass is worth?
We had to make our own mirrow extensions on our 140M.
Thanks

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
well one of my Townships new M has ben in the shop since monday i get to go pick it up today had bunch of engine codes on the coumputer and they did an inspection on the cricle and the teeth are cracked so they still got to fix that i love these new Ms but when your machine only has 212 hrs on it you shouldnt have any trouble with it