• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2009 624k park brake won’t release

jrhasbargen

I changed the parking brake solenoid and still won’t release. JD tech support mentioned there could be an update in the computer for the transmission but I’m not sure if that would help the park brake problem any. Any response is greatly appreciated!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF jrhasbargen;)!

First, we need the complete machine serial number.

Try this, release the park brake using the switch (ignore that the PB light does not change status), put the bucket cutting edge on the ground, curl it back and forth. Do the wheels roll, or is it locked up?

I don't think a software update is the answer. Did you look in the monitor menu for codes? Post all active and stored codes, if any.

jrhasbargen

I ended up fixing the problem with fuse 28 being blown. now 6 months later same problem is happening it gives code CAN comm lost for TCU 2003.9 ECU
SN DW624KH626236

jrhasbargen

Welcome to HEF jrhasbargen;)!

First, we need the complete machine serial number.

Try this, release the park brake using the switch (ignore that the PB light does not change status), put the bucket cutting edge on the ground, curl it back and forth. Do the wheels roll, or is it locked up?

I don't think a software update is the answer. Did you look in the monitor menu for codes? Post all active and stored codes, if any.
I ended up fixing the problem with fuse 28 being blown. now 6 months later same problem is happening it gives code CAN comm lost for TCU 2003.9 ECU
SN DW624KH626236

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If fuse F28 blows, that is what is setting the 2003.09 code. You have a short to ground in either the wire between that fuse and the TCU, or the TCU itself is internally shorting.

jrhasbargen

If fuse F28 blows, that is what is setting the 2003.09 code. You have a short to ground in either the wire between that fuse and the TCU, or the TCU itself is internally shorting.
Thanks will have a look. Where exactly is the TCU located? Seems like it is probably a short in a wire some where considering it kinda fixed itself for a while after I first had the problem

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Where exactly is the TCU located?
In the load center, which is the compartment below the right side window. The TCU should be the one with one big connector (I think it is a Bosch controller??). The other controllers should all have 3 connectors.