• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 t190

blanddan

I have a 2006 T190 when i start up in the morning it runs for about 30 minutes then shuts down. I have to power down and then restart, it will run for about 3 seconds. If i park it for 15 minutes and then start it will run for 10-15 minutes then shuts down again. Any ideas?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Do you shut the engine off w/ the key switch or a pull cable??
If its w/ the key switch, I would guess its a faulty shut-off solenoid.. loosing voltage.. or a weak battery, loosing voltage and partially shutting off the solenoid..
OR something in the fuel tank blocking the fuel..

blanddan

I have a keypad.

My first thought possible battery, it is about 3-4 years old, are you thinking battery?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Get a cheap volt meter, not a test lite.. check the bat. voltage before starting.. then again while running to make sure the bat. is charging, then again when it shuts down..
IF the bat. voltage is the same or higher when it shuts down, as it was before you started the engine, you can probably rule out a weak battery or alternator.
MAKE SURE all your fluids are up to the proper levels..& the alt. belt is in good condit. & tight.
If all that checks out, disconnect the solenoid connector.. and look at the connector, it might have corroded, clean the contacts and plug back in..
Those solenoids are REAL BAD about failing, its VERY common.. so if the previous checks check out, I suggest replacing the sol.
Its only 2 or 3 screws.. easy.

crewchief888

if it has the fuel shutoff solenoid with the plug in wiring harness, it's most likely the contacts in the harness and solenoid are "varnished".
you'll have to remove the solenoid to see the contacts in the connector.
cleaning them may, or may not, "fix" the problem.
the bad connection usually burns up the hold coil

:drinkup