• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 D3G LGP lll

Tommjr

Looking at purchasing this machine. It has 2720 hrs on it. Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with this machine? It has a 3046T engine and the S/N is BYR01559.

I have been renting a new D3K2 from the local dealer and they quit putting this size machine in rental inventory due to most guys want D5's and the dealer cannot get the ROI they want. I cannot afford the 2015 D3K2 so I am on to the next best thing.

This machine looks very clean and the UC is about 70%.

Just curious if certain years and engine models pose specific problems as compared to other years.

I can only afford around 40K for a machine and this one prices at around $38.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Tomm

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I agree with d0gdon, me and my operators like the G over the K. We've got a 2004 D5G XL with over 5K on the clock. Rented a few D5K's and we all agree we'll keep what we got.

The biggest issue we've had so far is electrical, as the G series is very finicky on having the correct voltage running through the system. There are several threads on the issue. Relatively easy troubleshooting and fixes, we've had were resolved with new batteries and a new alt. that wasn't putting out 14.4 volts.

As far as the engine goes I've replaced the thermostat and regular services. It gets new oil and oil/fuel filter every 250 hrs, every 500 hrs the hyd. filters are changed.

Our D5G has been a great little tractor. Sips fuel for what it can do. We mostly use it for stripping topsoil, spreading fill, backfilling pipe and fine grading. However you can set up slots and it'll move some material in a day as well.

Not a bad price for the hours. Any pics?

Tommjr

Pretty new here. Not quite sure how to post a link or pics. Sorry.

The tractor is located in Holcombe, WI at Chippewa Valley Equipment. The website is www.cvequipment.net

It's a 2006 D3 LGP lll. You can't miss it. It's the only D3 LGP lll.

Thank you very much.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
The tractor is located in Holcombe, WI at Chippewa Valley Equipment. The website is www.cvequipment.net

I have bought two logging machines from CVE. Its been about 8 years since the last one, but making the assumption that the ownership has not changed they were fair, flat honest about condition, and delivered on what they said they would. Good luck with it if you purchase it.