• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2004 Cat 308 CCR- buying used one - advice?

Wardiker

Occupation
excavator owner, trencher owner
Im about to buy a Cat308ccr, 2004, 2400hrs, ex rental.
Its replacing my Hitachi ex60, anyone have any feedback good or bad about these machines.
Im located in Calgary Alberta so if any one has something comparable they may know of for sale Id be glad to hear about it.

j.r.

Occupation
hoe operator
there nice machines . my company has 3 or 4 and there used alot. they are small enough to fit in a tight spot and big enough to still do what you need. ours are all they standard boom set up not the swing boom

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't recall the CCR being in production until late 2005 early 2006. If the valves are mounted under the floor of the cab it is an earlier model and they are a mess to work on. The CCR has the valves mounted on the side of the cab and is much better to work on.