• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2002 JD 270 leaking oil bad!

djbrasseur

I have a 2002 JD 270 that began leaking bad from underneath. someone said that they are bad for leaks at the foot valve...could it be o-rings? I am trying to get the cover off of the valve and having trouble....any tip? thx

Woodstock

I have a 2006 JD 328 skid steer, and I had oil leaking out of the belly pans. I raised the cab up and took the covers out around the foot pedals, and it was just a hyd. hose. Easy fix, but at the time I was worried. The hose was from the pump to the drive motor, but you couldn't tell. It drove just fine. The hose was on the bottom of the motor where it was leaking. With the cab lifted we put a sack of feed on the seat and seat belted it in and started it to see where the leak was at. Good luck.