• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2000 ZX120 Info Please

Hotwheels81

Looking at buying a 2000 Hitachi ZX120 but know little about them and hope someone here can give me some answers.

#1. what do the 3 buttons on the gauge cluster do? i know one is for the hours but no clue what the other 2 do... seem's i need to learn Japanese?

#2. machine has approx 4000hr's, is there a reccomended rebuild point for any of the components? IE: pump, pin's, bushings etc.

sorry for the silly questions but im not used to working with something quite as new as this...

machine

top button is display select. it shows actual hrs. on machine. than trip one, which you can set to show hrs. on a specific job. than trip two in case you move machine to another site and want to keep track of hrs. on that job as well. when you move back to site one you should be able to reselect trip one and continue to keep track of the hrs. you can play with it to see if you are doing it properly.
the middle is the set switch that lets you select hrs. in 50 hr. 100 hr. 150 hr. and so on up to 5000hrs than it restarts at 50hrs. hold the button in for 2 seconds and it will quickly reset to 50 . play around with it until you get the hang of it.
the bottom button is called work mode selects digging or if you have a hammer
or other tool that requires a specific flow it will limit rpm to get that flow.
that option has to be set by dealer.
the dial under the throttle dial is auto idle, auto acceleration and off.
auto accel saves fuel but any body listening to the engine will think the fuel filters need to be changed.
the next dial is maximum power, less power, economy.
for fuel savings as well.
the machine has auto preheat that functions if it is required. the indicato
indicator light remains on for 8 seconds after the key is turned on . when it goes out crank the engine.