• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2 spd on a sk 120 Kobelco Mark 4 ser #YPU1162

digger104

Mr. Kobelco: Today I took the panel down and pressed down on the button on top of the solenoid as you said. I can not really tell if it is in the high side or not, I just got this machine and not familiar with the machine to tell. I think now the button is stuck in the down position. I started to unscrew the solenoid but stopped, not sure what will happen when I get to the ends of the threads, if there is a big spring or if hyd fluid will release. Help and thanks . Bill. Oh if I can take the solenoid off how can I test it and if bad can you supply one, Idea of cost. thanks

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
If you don't mind, i'll dive in. You can test that coil without removing it. With a mutimeter set on ohms, put the test leads on both wires of the coil the meter should read 24 ohms or real close to it. Put your multimeter on volts, the wires in the harness are blue with a white stripe and red with a white stripe. the blue/white is positive, the red white is neg with key on and rocker switch in high speed. If both these test are good you will have to test pilot oil pressure down stream of the solenoid block. The easy place for this might be at the smalest hose on the swivel joint. If you have no voltage in the harness you may need the two speed travel relay, it's mounted behind the seat under the cover. It's the one mounted closest to the fuse panal. I think.

eianewb

i have a 130, prolly the same valve. it is about $360ish if i remember right for the coil for the solinoid and only about $20 more for the whole valve with both solinoids already on it. i just bought the whole thing and figured i have a spare now. if you take the solinoid loose, it is just the coil that comes off, no oil or anything. on mine it was the coil losing its magnetism when it got hot, i swapped it with another coil to be sure before i bought it tho. this is what my valve looks like (if i can figure it out):

Pics 023.JPG