• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 Mustang 2050 Safety Lockout, Intermittent

dan j cassidy

Thanks Moonlite. I guess Mustang is not exactly the mainstream of skid steers. Was talking to the fellow who sold me the new part yesterday. What I find hard to believe is that there would not be some sort of procedure to trouble shoot this problem. He told me if their shop spent the amount of time to troubleshoot it, they would likely have more hours into it than just replacing all the electrics like the entire harness, switches, relays, etc. He said that most people with this safety malfunction end up replacing relays, switches, and misc parts, one at a time. He said once in awhile replacing the control module like I bought, SOMETIMES, does fix the problem. He said most folks wait until they have replaced all other parts, cuz the darn thing was almost 300$.
So far, I have replaced the ignition switch, the timer, and now soon, the contol module. Can't wait to install it, hopefully this afternoon, depending upon these daily rainstorms here in Texas!