• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 Detroit Diesel Series 60

I have a 1999 MCI 102DL3 Bus. on a few occasions when I shut it off it doesn't want to start back up again. when trying to start it it sounds like its not getting fuel. After about 45 minutes to an hour it starts up with no problems. A friend of mine says it might be the crankshaft solenoid going bad, but I think it might the fuel shut off solenoid. Please give me any feedback that you can.

Shimmy1

No such thing as a crankshaft solenoid, or a fuel shutoff solenoid. A Series 60 is controlled by an ecm. Shut the keyed power off to the ecm, engine shuts off.

As far as where to start, Truck Shop will have the answers for that.

Labparamour

IMG_9152.jpeg My ‘03 Freightliner (w DD series60) has sequence to display fault codes on the dash…(found instructions and codes online).
Not sure if you can, too.

Deere500a

Possible restriction in the fuel filter. 99 Freightliner with the DD60 cycle the key on off three times and check engine light will flash code ie blink twice pause followed by four more blinks code 24