• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 Bobcat AHC Troubleshooting Help

Garrett1308

Hi, I've got a 1999 bobcat 763 with ahc. No foot pedals. F series machine. Pretty sure I need a new ahc computer, but wanted to see if yall had any good checks i can do before deopping 2250 on a new one.

Machine starts, runs and drives great with all Bics lights on, and both the green lights on the left handle. However, when either handle is pushed inward, the bics light for the tilt/boom drops out, and the green light in the handle for whichever joystick was moved in repeatedly blinks 5 times. There is absolutely no movement from the tilt/boom, no engine strain, etc. It's a pretty quick electrical cutout.

Restarting the bobcat lights everything up again, but pushing either joystick in again immediately trips it. There is no movement at all from either the tilt or boom.

With the key on, engine off, lap bar down, operate button pressed, the ahc trips when pushing the joysticks, and there is no sound at all from either actuator.

Bics is seeing the lap bar. There is no seat safety on this machine that I see. Fuses all look good, I've hit all the fuse sockets with electronic cleaner and reseated the fuses. Battery voltage is good, well above 12 while running, though I don't remember the exact number. Battery cables are tight with clean terminals underneath. Wiring to and from the ahc looks good from what I see, no obvious bare spots or breaks.

Any input is greatly appreciated.