• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 John Deere 410D backhoe question

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
I have a 95 John Deere 410 D loader/backhoe and I am trying to order the parts to repack the bucket hydraulic cylinder. This would be the cylinder the rolls the bucket. It is a center pivot style. I found what I think are the correct parts online but I want to make sure they are the correct for my machine. The dealer is telling me that they had two different series backhoes in the 410D. Its supposed to be either a 33 series or 33A series. Has anyone ever heard of this? If yes, do you know what the difference between the two is. I crawled all over the machine and I only can find a tag with the serial number, and a tag on the front axle. No mention of series 33 or 33A. The dealer is insisting that there is a data plate on the machine that will tell, but I can't find it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Delmer

He couldn't tell you based on the serial number? because there's a serial number break in the 33 and one of them matches the 33A.

If in doubt, take it apart and compare.

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
Delmer, where are you seeing the serial number break? In the parts book, all the different items show a serial number coverage. I see that. But I must be blind because I'm not seeing the 33 or 33A break. I'm trying to avoid ordering the wrong parts. I found a guy who will install the kit for me at his shop, but I have to order the parts and bring the cylinder and kit to him. My complete serial number is TO-410DG-809787

Delmer

Easiest way to see the serial number break is to go to the link Tinkerer posted, go to 33 backhoe, go the the lower right "bucket cylinder for 1.2m extendible dipperstick and standard" and there will be two listings, one for before 817497, and one for after, that's the serial number break. Yours is before the serial number break, and uses the same gland as the 33A, but you'll need to check the seal part numbers to make sure they're all the same.

Also, it appears the 33A is a 1.5M extendible dipperstick, so if you have an extendible dipperstick then you should be able to tell the difference based on the length.

33A:
7 - Piston
Part Number
R82090

10 - Hydr. Cylinder Rod Guide
Part Number
Qty Req
Supported Models
410D, 510D
Remarks
(RK) ( R82088 NO LONGER USED), (SUB H154352 ) (ALSO ORDER AH210484)

33 backhoe: Bucket Cylinder (For Use With Standard Dipperstick And 1.2M Extendible Dipperstick) ( - 817497) - ST312276exp

(same part numbers as the 33A backhoe)

Bucket Cylinder (For Use With Standard Dipperstick And 1.2M Extendible Dipperstick) (817498 - ) - ST312277e:

(Different Gland)

10 - Hydr. Cylinder Rod Guide

Part Number
H154352

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
Thanks ! My machine has the extendable dipperstick. I will extend it tomorrow and measure the length.

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
Measured the dipper today and it is the shorter measurement or 1.2 M

1.2 M = 3.9 ft. 3.9 ft. = 3ft.-10 inches. I got approximately 3 ft.-10 inches when I extended it and measured it.