• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 963B serial/vin# 9BL00884. Opinions on this series loader pls

chrismatin

Have a chance to buy this tractor with 7500 hours. Is this a good year/model for the 963 units? What should I expect to replace/overhaul with these hours, other than under carriage? Is this a tough/reliable motor. Thanks men, just trying to do my homework before purchase.

Bob/Ont

It's not a bad engine but I like the 3304 better, due to easier repair with tools you have. I like the HPCU models better than the C models. They have the Hyd and drive oils separate so easier clean out after failure. On the C models any drive or hyd failure with contamination requires the whole system to be torn down on the 953 & 963, the 973 has separate systems. These are my opinions.
Later Bob