• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1993 l150

zlssefi

im looking to buy a 1993 volvo l150 loader. After a pre buy inspection, i see that the head gaskets are leaking, but dont see any moisture in the crankcase. How large of a job is head gasket replacement on a machine like this?

Thanks!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
A straight L150 is gonna be hard to support. Parts, seals everything is being phased out as obsolete. We had a lot of trouble for a couple customers. Lipperts, who buys out NOS from dealers had exhausted inventory on a lot of that stuff. Good luck in whatever you choose. Just look at overall cost of ownership, downtime, parts locating and custom made parts for what is no longer available. Just trying to inform, not scare.

zlssefi

they are seriously starting to obsolete parts for these machines?? i know its 25 years old but its newer to me lol. we are phasing out a 74 international h90e........

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Unfortunately, yes. I had extreme difficulty getting gear selector and control unit for L120 straight. 70,90,120 all use same electrical architecture. I would look into what support you have parts wise. It may be a very expensive investment down the road.