• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1992 Hitachi EX120-2 questions

bobsimon

Hi, I am new to this forum but it looks very helpfull. I have a 1994 Ex 120-2 that I bought gray market about 6 nyears ago. Other than some hydraulic leaks it has been trouble free. Last week the swing and track power went on it. It only swings very slow; when I double function it speeds up a little but still only about 20% of normal. Track power was the same, I had to use the stick to pull the machine out of the work site to where I could work on it.I pulled the spools and checked then, found some small scratches on them. These I polished with 100 grit paper, cleaned and reinstalled. This returned some track power but not the swing. I again pulled the spools and disassembled the swing spool. Everything was good, springs not broken, seat in good shape but still no swing power. reading this site I see a lot of discussion on electronic issues.
Can anybody help me with this? I also would like to find a set of manuals as none came with it. Thanks