• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 MF 50H stabilizer hoses

joe--h

Center mount type hoe. Stabilizer hose part # is 843388M3. No luck finding them online & my closest dealer is 200 miles & not friendly to boot.

So, any idea what size fittings & how long they are? I know I can get them made but right now I'm using it & don't want to disable it any longer than it takes to change a hose. One has started to seep & the others look due for new too.

Thanks, Joe H

joe--h

Yes, I know NAPA can make something.
The question is what are the fittings are they and how long is the hose?
I think they are metric but metric what?
Joe H

Buickspec6231

Joe, I just changed those same hoses on my 50H, I took them to Napa and had them matched up. I am 90% positive my hoses were 3/8" with -8 JIC fittings. I'll check tomorrow when I get to the tractor to confirm, measure length, and report back. Cost me about $25/hose to replace.

Parts manual from AGCOpartsbook.com lists the hose as 3/8" x 38.5" long.

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/book.aspx?book=agco/819722

joe--h

Finally an answer to my question other than take it to NAPA.

I know if I have the fitting size and length of the hose I can have a much better hose for less money on line. NAPA here high dollar for maroons to fab a hose that looks like home made sheet.

Thanks Buick. I have the factory parts book but it does not list the dimension that the on line version does. Now I know the length, I had guessed it was 3/8 from looking at it so making progress.

Next question, metric or SAE?

Joe H

Buickspec6231

Joe, -8 JIC is the fitting size and type on my tractor. JIC is a 37* flare. I have no way to verify if that is the factory style fitting or if somewhere along my tractor's previous life the fittings had been changed or swapped over. I only changed hoses on mine, and not the male fittings. Below is a google search of the -8 JIC fittings with pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..5.0.0....0.TVhhu-Kcozk

joe--h

Joe, -8 JIC is the fitting size and type on my tractor. JIC is a 37* flare. I have no way to verify if that is the factory style fitting or if somewhere along my tractor's previous life the fittings had been changed or swapped over. I only changed hoses on mine, and not the male fittings. Below is a google search of the -8 JIC fittings with pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1......0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..5.0.0....0.TVhhu-Kcozk
Buick, I'll give it a try & see what happens.
Joe H