• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1987 c7000 body panels

HappyHarry

Hello. Just joined.. not sure where else to look. I just inherited a 1987 gmc c7000 and I want to do a little work on her.
I cant find any place to buy cab corners, rockers or any other cab parts for that matter. Not sure if there is a Chevy cross over number for Chevy parts that fit or if anyone knows a specific place that carries this stuff..
Thanks in advance.

HappyHarry

Thanks. I'll take a look. I even called a gmc dealership but they never returned my email... it's gotta b the best kept secret in the world.. lol

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Not a secret. GM went bankrupt a long time ago. It’s not the same company it was in 1987. They don’t provide product support for antique vehicles. They hardly provide parts for the vehicles they make in 2024.

Check out LMC Truck Parts for your square body needs.

MG84

Cab corners, and rocker panels should be the same as a mid 80's C10-30 or K10-30 Chevy pickup. Floor pans may or may not be, but you might be able to modify them. The floor in the medium duty trucks is mostly flat compared to the transmission hump in the pickups. Most all of the small parts in the cab will interchange, but be aware sometimes the parts in the medium duties (both engine and body) lagged behind a year or two compared to the pickups. For example the medium duty trucks continued to use points type ignition for 1-2yrs after they went to HEI in the lighter vehicles. For a parts source, ditto on LMC, or anywhere that specializes in '73-87 Chevy truck parts.

Coaldust

Occupation
The HEF has been attracting antique, medium duty GM trucks and Drott collectors, lately. That’s cool.

reganj

I am cheap, check with your local Pull a Part or some other type of salvage yard or truck dismantlers. Every time I go I see something cool I have to get, would be a lot cheaper than ordering new parts if you can get what you need/want.

crane operator

I am cheap, check with your local Pull a Part or some other type of salvage yard or truck dismantlers. Every time I go I see something cool I have to get, would be a lot cheaper than ordering new parts if you can get what you need/want.
The number of late 80's chevy rust free bodies, in a junkyard, in northern NY, is probably pretty low on the probability scale.

Coaldust

Occupation
Oh’, please, do tell about the meca you described. Where acres of GM Gen 3 pickups exist in abundance. With rust-free fenders and non-buckled hoods, ripe for harvesting. I’ll be waiting, right here.

reganj

There are three withing 60 miles of me, stupidly I did not check were OP is located--- Brain Fart or
Old timers disease is my excuse of the day. Come visit and you will see. Open invite