• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1976 drott 40 byr wheeled excavator

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I have never owned a wheeled Drott, but I have owned 4 track Drott excavators. They were kinda alright machines, but there was always something wrong, but its a old school seup, so most of them were easy. There are still parts available, but hard to find

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
Drott Fans Unite!

I have not run the Cruzair Drotts on rubber but I have two friends that had them.
They came from the state and bourogh road maintence.
They don't dig very deep because they are a ditching machine mostly.
One fella tried to make a log loader out of his but it did'nt have enough ass for it.
I broke in on a Drott 40 (1976) model in 1978.
They were the cats meow then!
I've had a 1972 Drott 40 since 1983 and use it every summer.
Another hobby machine.:D

Attachments

• Gutter Drain 003.jpg
    Gutter Drain 003.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3,641
  • Full Camera 4-2-08 111.jpg
    Full Camera 4-2-08 111.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 4,126
  • Full Camera 4-2-08 114.jpg
    Full Camera 4-2-08 114.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3,109
  • Full Camera 4-2-08 107.jpg
    Full Camera 4-2-08 107.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 3,209
  • Full Camera 4-2-08 115.jpg
    Full Camera 4-2-08 115.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 3,277

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I had a friend that had 2 of the 40 wheeled rigs. He had one jump out of gear rolling down a hill. I think the switch that the runs the 2 speed or transfer case got bumped. He left a purdy scratch in the blacktop. His grandad had a gravel pit and we loaded gravel for the county. He had an 80 that and it was a big machine with a mosre modern looking boom. It had a deep reach The 40s had a square and round boom mixed and didnt reach but about 8 feet below grade. The one I ran had foot and hand levers and the other one was a crude wobble stick. I was so hungry for excavator experience I loved running them. They both had a neat throttle set up. A foot accelerator for driving it down the road. When you dug you mashed the throttle where you wanted your rpm and then pushed a toggle. It had a solenoid that locked the throttle in.

You could load some gravel with that wide smooth bucket when we had a D6 pushing it to us.