• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1965 Case 530CK

Burns-Tractor

I have a Case 530 Construction King with front end loader (no backhoe, has 3 point hitch) and I am having trouble with the clutch slipping? it is full on fluid and I don't know what the problem is? When I pick up the front end of the tractor with the loader bucket the tractor does not have enough power to pull its self and the more I run the tractor the more it slips and then the tractor won't move at all?
This Case was sold to me as a parts tractor because it wouldn't move at all, then I found out that the hydraulic pump for the clutch had a sheered off key and I replaced that but now it is wanting to slip. I has a diesel engine and it seems to have plenty of power.
If any one could give me any ideas of what could be wrong before I tare in to it.
Thanks,
Coyote Green

Leon Phelps

I think you are going to have to check the shuttle pressures first. look for an old post by me and check all three.

Burns-Tractor

Thanks for the info, I have checked the screen on the fill tube and it was all clean but I thought any hydraulic fluid would work in the clutch, I didn't know I had to have a special kind. Could you tell me what kind of oil it takes and I will go see if I can order some.
Thanks again,
Coyote Green

mfallavol

Sorry that I can't help but I'd love to see pictures of your 530 with a 3pt. Does it have a PTO? I have a '64 530CK with a loader and backhoe. I really want to fit a 3pt so I can pull a scraper with it. I'd love to see how yours is setup.

-- Mike

Leon Phelps

hytran fluid for the shuttle.

I would check out the brakes. The mechanical brakes lock up frequently.