• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Robert McNeill

Occupation
Excavator
2013 175 takeuchi mini excavator ran out of gas and got air in the line. NOW THE STARTER WONT TURN? IS THERE AN EMERGENCY SHUTOFF?

I think the injectors may need bleed to get the air out of the fuel line. What puzzles me is when I turn the key the started doesn't turn. All I hear is a click.

Has anyone ever ever experienced this? Any advice helps.

Last edited:

Tags

I really hope that someone did not put gas in it and they put diesel in it, if there was gas in it you’ll have way bigger problems than just the starter not turning…

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Robert;)!

Atlantic County NJ? I love the Crab Trap in Somers Point. Are you anywhere near there? And no Vetech, its not the crab your dirty little mind is thinking of:D.

Delmer

The first thing I think of, is the engine sputters to a stop, the operator gets off and goes to get more FUEL and comes back and tries to start it, but the battery is dead from leaving the key on?

Whatever the issue, start with the basics, remove the key, walk away for a second, come back and do everything you normally do to start it. If it still clicks, check the battery voltage, if that's good, check the battery voltage when it clicks/hold the key, maybe check that the engine turns over by hand from the fan and belt.

Midnightmoon

Dead battery try jumper cables. In High pressure fuel systems you dont ever crack lines 30000psi will take fingers off. You can bleed air at fuel filter housing. Alot of times you can leave key on for 5 min and it will prime the system to start after a few trys

lantraxco

Dead battery try jumper cables. In High pressure fuel systems you dont ever crack lines 30000psi will take fingers off. You can bleed air at fuel filter housing. Alot of times you can leave key on for 5 min and it will prime the system to start after a few trys
2013 is common rail??

heymccall

Tb175 are pencil injectors.
To prime...turn key on, wait 2 minutes, then start. If no go, lather, rinse repeat.

However...on all of Takeuchis, I have found the water separator inlet elbow plugged with debris, preventing start up or full rpm.

So...questions.
Is there exhaust smoke present when cranking?
Key on, engine off, can you hear the fuel pump "rattle"? The pump is an oscillating piston type. It is louder when no fuel is present.

It is not that uncommon for the fuel injection pump solenoid to fail. However, later machines have a "rack actuator" instead.