• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

14k equipment trailer deck ideas

wiseoldj

Hello all,

Thought I would post a question to some more experienced folks. so here it goes.

Im driving from Sacramento area to alaska and need to purchase a 14k trailer.

1.) I need to move some roofing pannels that are 23',9" and 88 inches wide.

2.) A deckover 22ft (looking at a pj t8) would work. However, I would prefer a standard fendered trailer. Has anyone ever made some sort of platform to temporarily raise the bed above the fenders of a trailer? If so could you post some photos or explain your design.

Thank you in advance!!

Delmer

I'd think about buying enough 2" foamular 250 to do it, even if you end up selling it up there, it might make you a few bucks even?

Welder Dave

If the trailer had stake pockets you could make some 2x4 cross members to carry the load over the fenders.

wiseoldj

I did think about using some long length 4x6s like jenga blocks to build it up to enough height. The only problem is i might hang over the back of the trailer a few feet.

I really like both ideas what is foamular 250? I assume a foam of some sort.

cfherrman

How far are you driving this 8000# load? If it's from Sacramento to Alaska I don't think a 14k trailer will make it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The pink or blue foam board is what I would go with. I bet there's a good market for it up there if you didn't use it yourself. Light, strong and wouldn't rattle on the Alcan HWY.

We had a bundle of the blue stuff left over from an O'Reilly auto my guys used to insulate their gun shop.