• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

143H APN788 transmission problem

Watsy2020

Lost a few gears. 1st in forward and reverse. 4 forward and 5th reverse. This a common problemo for these things?

Attachments

• IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I get a bit worried when your first post is a photo of the guts of a control valve. There is a whole lot of things to check before you get to that point.
Lost a few gears. 1st in forward and reverse. 4 forward and 5th reverse.
For those particular missing gears in the transmission #6 clutch is not working. All you have to do is find out the reason why.......

Questions:-
1. Have you removed the magnetic suction screen yet to look for burned clutch material.? It often looks like large black grains of sand.
2. Is the transmission oil clear and bright or dark and cloudy.? Does it smell burned.? What type/grade of oil are you running in it BTW.?
3. Has the transmission filter been cut open to look for particles.?

Watsy2020

i replaced the broken section of valve body? thank you so much not sure i could have done this with my head stuck that far up my a$$ the way it was. you've been a big help thanks again.