• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

140M Pics

roadrunner

Nice to have the pics of levers.Now I understand your setup,Thanks.
I maintain over 300 miles in the summer and over 500 in the winter.
The blade tilt works great for gravel blading. If you need more material coming off your blade, tilt it ahead----if you need less roll it back.I use carbides only after I get my (soft -spring roads in shape) and get all that lovely grass cut from growing out of control!
Do you have a pic of your Deere with your snow equipment on?:drinkup

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
snow equip

I only have pics of the plow on. I should have took some pics last winter with the wing on. Maybe next winter!!! :)

Second picture is of my wing that my wife took while I was moving it. If you study the pic you can understand how it works. you can see the hinge at the small end. You can also see the adjustable brace hanging behind the wing. There's a bracket that bolts to the backside of the moldboard and the adjustable brace fastens to that bracket. It wouldn't be very effective in the Northlands where you are pushing frozen snow piles/drifts, but it works great here for winging back drifts. I hadn't used it for five years until this past winter when we got a lot more snow than normal.

Attachments

• 770D plow.jpg
    770D plow.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC01808.jpg
    DSC01808.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 346

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
miles of road

Roadrunner, wow!!!! 300 miles of roads to maintain!!!! There's not enough hours in the day here for one grader to maintain that much. Maybe our roads need more attention. They are certainly not well built and few are elevated. We try to improve some each year but it's limited by revenue. It's a part-time job for me where I run 300-400 hours a year depending on winter snow.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Phambili 770D, phambili!! (Up 770D up!!)
Our roads dept just up the road has about 4 graders, and they probably work about a week a month. They are: JD/ Bell 770C, Cat 120G, Gallion or dresser T500D, and a Volvo G720. So there you go, Cat, Deere and Volvo! The Volvo must work out in Mafakathini (Ma-fa-Ga-teenee) as it often isn't in the yard, as the equipment mostly comes home at night. That little toggle switch really looks so dicky, a last minute on the epitomization of beauty.:)

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Phambili 770D, phambili!! (Up 770D up!!)
Our roads dept just up the road has about 4 graders, and they probably work about a week a month. They are: JD/ Bell 770C, Cat 120G, Gallion or dresser T500D, and a Volvo G720. So there you go, Cat, Deere and Volvo! The Volvo must work out in Mafakathini (Ma-fa-Ga-teenee) as it often isn't in the yard, as the equipment mostly comes home at night. That little toggle switch really looks so dicky, a last minute on the epitomization of beauty.:)

I guess you are talking about the toggle switch by the right levers?? That's the differential lock switch. Yeah, I don't know about dicky but it looks cheap!!! Deere has been using a switch like that in that location for several years now. It's like they forgot about it until production time and then said awwww shucks,,,, let's just stick it right there!!! :beatsme

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Ovrszd, did you do the control switch yourself, or was it a factory option? That funny little switch looks like you can bump it so easy, probably not the best thing to have when grading a road.

Last edited:

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
That little swtich is kinda handy right there. I can just use my thumb to flip in the Diff lock, never taking my hands off the controls. If only the 6wd was like that as well.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
switch

The switch is put there by the factory. That's why I say it looks kinda cheap.

As for location, I think the cruise control throttle switch and the diff lock switch location should be swapped. I hate the location of the throttle control switch. Whoever designed that has never ran a grader. It's on the console to the right of the seat. I'll try to get a picture.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
pictures

When my buddy gets his new 140M we'll park the 770D beside it and I'll take a bunch of pictures for comparison. Should be in the next couple weeks. I'll start a new thread then.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Ovrszd, did you do the control switch yourself, or was it a factory option? That funny little switch looks like you can bump it so easy, probably not the best thing to have when grading a road.

What I meant to say was: did you change the grader controls, or was it a factory option?

Lashlander

This floated in last week. Could be the one Northart posted pics of in this thread. Going to the Airport.

Attachments

• Lash 121 (Small).jpg
    Lash 121 (Small).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Lash 122 (Small).jpg
    Lash 122 (Small).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Lash 123 (Small).jpg
    Lash 123 (Small).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Lash 127 (Small).jpg
    Lash 127 (Small).jpg