• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

140m follow up

20/80

Occupation
operator
Hello everyone, I decided to give you all a update on our 140 m that we have had lots of issues with, this season after addressing most of the issues we have had with our 140m the machine worked not to bad this season with a bit of down time, we had to replace the HEUI pump again where the one Cat replaced started leaking around a oil ring which you cannot simply replace you have to buy the whole pump, not cheap!!, also a few steering problems and the articulating ram bushings are gone again, turbo gasket blew only to find the manifold gone as well, motor is holding up so far since replacing the crank a few years back when she was new also no injector problems since awhile either, thinking about injectors our sister shop is having troubles with injectors going on their new 12m 2 which just happens to have a c7 in her....hmm

Reactions: DB2

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Sorry, I need more info. How many hours on the machine? How many hours have you put on it? Owned since new? Type of work normally done with machine?

Not brand warring at all. Just need more info for this thread to be informative. Thanks!!!!

20/80

Occupation
operator
Sorry, I need more info. How many hours on the machine? How many hours have you put on it? Owned since new? Type of work normally done with machine?

Not brand warring at all. Just need more info for this thread to be informative. Thanks!!!!
There's around 8500 hrs on the 140m machine and we have owned the machine since new, my partner runs the 140m machine in the spring- summer months I run a 140h in the summer months which has been mostly trouble free since new 12000hrs on her, I moved to the140M for the winter months where we partner up for shift work for snow removal, the machine is on 24hr call out in the winter, spring and summer months is road recovery and ditching, I have around 60 roads to look after and my buddy on the 140m has around 45 roads to look after.