• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

08 Takeuchi TL-150 Blown hydraulic couplers...?

samson09

Just rented a trenching attachment from Cat...hooked it up and after trenching for about a minute the hoses blew off. The quick couplers on my skid were damaged. Parts of them were inside the attachments couples. I pulled them out and the attachment looked in tact but my couplers are damaged...the pressure was great enough to split part of my coupler which now pours out hydraulic fluid when the machine is on. Anyone have any ideas as to what the heck happened? Never seen this before and I have been using other attachments on the skid just fine.

bpogue

It sounds like you may have a bad pressure relief valve on the auxiliary circuit.