• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie z32/24 boom lift rotator seal

foolish

I am trying to put new seals in the basket rotator. I can not get the pressure seal in. I warmed it in hot water to slip it on and then used a hose clap from turbo hose to squeeze it down. It is still to big to get in housing. The side that goes in 1st is flared which makes it harder.IMG_0451.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Trying to put the end cap with the seal into the body? Just lube it up really good and smack the cap into place with a deadblow.

I've found its much easier to put the end cap with the shaft in first. Line everything up and then drive it home with the deadblow, then thread the one in the picture into place.

Those units are timed too BTW in case you didn't know already. If timings out it will rotate into the boom on one side and not rotate far enough the other way.

foolish

Thank you
I don’t know name for seal but it has a inner part and I was afraid it would pop out if I was too rough with it.
I’ll give it a try.

foolish

I tried a 5# sledge hammer on it and it just bounce back. Is there any chance seal goes in other direction.
A picture shows how I took it out, so it should go in same way? The clamp in previous picture won’t squeeze it down anymore. I am doing something wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Weird. A few heavy blows with a deadblow and they've always went in just fine for me. Gears and shafts inside are all in mesh properly? Looks like you took all the plugs and valve blocks off so you shouldn't be fighting air pressure.

foolish

Yes, I think I have timing right and gears all slide together. I warmed seal in hot water so I could slide it on, would that expand seal?