• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 503G Spool Valve Stem Seals

bigrocker

My OLD Galion 503g grader (serial #1164) is leaking at every control valve stem. I have been unable to find new seals for the stems. I took one spool valve out out and removed the stem seal from the bonnet. It has "F2Y" on the top. There was an O-ring under it that isn't shown in the parts book I have. Book says the part number for the packing is D-37468. The bonnet castings have "835814" on them. The dimensions of the packing/seal are 1" OD and 1/2" ID. Any idea where I can find new packings for these blocks? Thanks!

Attachments

• Grader Control Valves.jpg
    Grader Control Valves.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 12

bigrocker

After an exhaustive search, I found seals that seem to work. They are double lip seals which are more appropriate for a rotating shaft versus a reciprocating situation but they are working...for now.

AVX Shaft Oil Seal TC 1/2"x 1"x 1/4" Inch Rubber Covered Double Lip​

Hope this helps someone!
31ZvwDh5tTL.jpg

Keeton

After an exhaustive search, I found seals that seem to work. They are double lip seals which are more appropriate for a rotating shaft versus a reciprocating situation but they are working...for now.

AVX Shaft Oil Seal TC 1/2"x 1"x 1/4" Inch Rubber Covered Double Lip​

Hope this helps someone!
View attachment 307705
Thank You