• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450 B Case track problem

Dozerbill63

I bought a 450 B Case dozer , the man said it had been setting about 5years , I think maybe 10 years . The tracks are like new only froze up from setting . I have sprayed diesel fuel on all pins and bushings twice , sprayed brake fluid , ran tractor back and fourth , maybe loosing a little bit . Does anyone know a faster way to free up tracks .

Lapatra172

Hi bill, thanks for the input on my thread I have sense got it figured out. Sounds like you're going about it the right way. Have you tried using penetrating oil? It may cost a little more but might work a little quicker. I like pb blaster but have been using sea foam lately and I think that stuff works miracles. You may be able to find it in gallon jugs and just pour it on. Good luck

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
your best bet is going to be to use a good penetrating oil buy a case of it spray let it sit for a while spray it again and start running the machine