• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZX300 hitache blow by hose freeze

sammmmm

blow-by hose is frozen. I strugle now. how to solve.
this machine has ISUZU 6HK1 engine. please tell me solution.

Delmer

Thaw it out???? Blow by hoses freeze up first thing when you start it up in bitter cold weather. Shut the engine off when you notice it leaking, and cover the hose to let the engine heat thaw it out.

If it's more than a rare, random event, then check the thermostat. check oil and coolant levels and make sure there's no coolant in the oil.

sammmmm

thanks comment.
But,I cant operate the machine during deicing and interrupt my work.
So,I am looking for solution.
For example, electric heater to wrap blow-by hose or cooling fan with fan clutch.

Delmer

yes, an insulating wrap on the blow by hose would help, a fan clutch would help also. The length of the blow by hose is for keeping dust out when it's not running, in my opinion, if you want to eliminate the problem add a tee and one of the those "pucker lip" air filter drains, it will keep the dust out, but open up with pressure and keep the engine from leaking oil.