• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZRT grader.

Scrub Puller

Yair...I know I'm gonna cop it but here goes anyway...For some years now I have been using the the vee shaped deck of our Scag mower to tidy up and knock rills after contractors finish dirt jobs on the golf course.

It works a treat and beats hell out of finishing by hand with a level lawn and rake.

I mentioned this to a mate who does a bit of landscape work and digging and his ears pricked right away.

The long and the short of it is that he bought a Hustler with a clapped out deck for next to nothing and we turned it into a light grader.

We retained the original foot control decklift and it has mechanical angle left and right. In operation the blade is set at a preset hight and is very effective at knocking off the high spots.

It is still evolving and he intends to modify the mechanism to give a foot controlled tilt. He cuts grade on sand fill on slab foundations and the likes and he reckons it is fast.

It has pretty decent rubber, I think they are twenty three by tens on twelve inch rims and its surprising what a rill it can roll.

I think the hydraulics will be an issue on continueous heavy work.Those Hustlers though (and the Scags) have a conventional set up with seperate pumps for each wheel motor.

He reckons that if heat becomes an issue he can fit a bigger tank with an oil cooler and battery powered fan.

As I said it doesn't lack for speed and agility and I might be able to get some pictures later if any one is interested.

Cheers.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Hey , if it works, anything beats a rake and shovel :D I believe in thinking outside of the box, especially when it comes to final grades on homes or golf courses. I would love to see pictures. I grew up in this business and its always fun to see what other methods people use ! :beerchug:beerchug

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
One winter I was out of work and a friend hooked me up with an old guy that did golf course remediations. There was a course near by that had a fungus wipe out hte greens. I started in with him running a loader and skid steer. I noticed he brought in a49-50 Farmall cube that hadd the factory front/belly mount blade to it. He had the blade in the middle, I have one like this. I thought that was an odd machine in amongst all this new stuff. He had fired most of his laborers for laying out. This little rig did great with the blade about 5 feet wide. He also converted a landscape rake to bell mount and had wheel horse garden tractor with abelly blade