1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZF Transmissions and Axles

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZFPTrans, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ZFOverhaul

ZFOverhaul Member

We can provide rebuilt/exchange transmissions for the Volvo A35D and A40D Machines. Give me a call at 816-650-3161 and I can give you a quote or help you with troubleshooting issues. As far as the CAT transmissions, we would have to rebuild your unit. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,

Kyle

2. oldseabee

oldseabee Senior Member

Retired
    I worked for Bell Equipment North America (Bell factory and head office was in South Africa) for 9 years in Product support. Bell Articulated trucks used ZF transmissions in several models.

3. JDLoader

JDLoader New Member

Hi ZFPtrans. I was hoping you could help. I just left my Volvo dealer and they had indicated that ZF supplies most the axles for Volvo heavy construction equipment. Can you confirm? This would include articulated dumps, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders and others. I thought Volvo manufactured their own axles. I also thought I heard they had a partnership with Komatsu for axles, but haven't been able to confirm that. I was also wondering if farm_boy correct on the John Deere wheel loaders ZF is only under the 444J's, 844J, 444K and 844K?Thanks,

4. farm_boy

farm_boy Senior Member

This is correct, with one minor update. There are now 5 models of Deere loaders with ZF axles.
    • T3 444J
    • 844J
    • 844K2

5. redsfandrew

redsfandrew Member

does anyone know if the Case Backhoes use ZF axles? If not, what axles are they putting in them?

6. Top Dog

Top Dog Well-Known Member

Rock Quarry Owner
    ZFPTrans or ZFOverhaul
    I have a Case 921B loader, it is shifting hard from forward to reverse. Is there a accumulator or something that I could check?

7. mamuka

mamuka New Member

Dear sir.

i am looking for ZF geabox(transmision) for case 721 B 1998-year use one.

let me know ASAP please.

K.R.

Mamuka

8. Ermias

Ermias New Member

Doosan DL300A wheel loaders uses ZF transmission and Axle.

9. Ermias

Ermias New Member

When i disassembled a ZF rear axle of wheel loader i found out that two clutch plates are putted together side by side,no clutch disc in the middle. both have taken heat due to friction.
    is there anyone who saw similar kind of assemblies? Why is that

oh also the service manual and the part manual assembles the clutch pack the same as....
    Plate-Disc-plate-Disc-Plate-Disc-plate-plate-Disc-plate-disc-plate
    upload_2018-3-12_16-40-53.png