• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZF Transmission Stuck In Drive

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
I have a Bell 30B haul truck whos transmission will not shift out of drive. Beyond the shift issue the transmission was performing well. The transmission is a ZF6WG200 Assembly #: Z4644023196. Could this just be the solenoid or the valve bank?

Vetech63

There is usually a LED screen that will run up a fault code for transmission issues on most ZF transmissions I've seen. If not, there should be some type of fault indicator like a flashing light or exclamation point or something. I have seen some machines that you have to scroll thru the monitor to get there.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
This is a schematic of a 6WG200 w/o any TCU (EST2 or 17 or 25) apart from E-Module for Lock-up Valve (small black plastic box).
The shifter is feeding directly 5 solenoids.

Attachments

• Electric6WG200.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 15

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
I’ve got a new mechanic starting next week. I’ll pass this along and keep everyone up to speed on progress. Thanks for the input thus far.