• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ZF Transmission error coding problems

Boyd Roper

We are using ZF Transmission Model 16 TX 2441 TO for our heavy duty off-road vehicle, which we are having issue with Error Code Z0332. We are search for ZF Transmission consultant, whom can perhaps provide their service to correct this problem. The vehicle is in Japan, and I am working to help on this matter from Los Angeles, CA office.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, or I would like to start a dialog on how to approach fixing this issue on our ZF Transmission. This Error Code happened, when we needed to change the Differential Carrier Ratio, which was changed from 4,875 to 6,833. The Error Code shows up when when we initially turn on the engine, but will disappear when running, but will turn on again when engine is turned-off and restarted again later.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Boyd,
I'm definitely not a Traxon expert.
However I could imagine the 332 code is "the adaption of rear-axle ratio and tire radius" and with a different diff carrier ratio the adaption is running out of its limits.

Boyd Roper

Hi Bigbert,
Thank you for your response and comments provided. Yes, what you are describing is absolutely correct. We are receiving error code due to this condition. We changed the Differential Ratio, and software is detecting this condition of running out of its limits - hence the error code Z0332.
We are searching for a consultant we can hire to correct this condition, which requires changing the conversion coefficient of ZF transmission computer to eliminate the error code coming on, every time we start the engine.
The challenge is the vehicle is in Japan, and we need someone whom can travel to Japan, or do it remotely. Of course, we are looking for someone to contract for a fee. If you know of anyone, please share any comments. We thank you for your comments again.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Boyd,

ZF is pretty much present in Japan. Trucks, buses, cranes, passenger cars, construction machinery etc.
The truck, bus, crane group might be able to give some answers on this issue. Not sure whether they need to download a complete new dataset or they are able to adjust parameters with "ZF Testman".
I'd recommend to ask any of the Japanese service stations.
Good luck

Boyd Roper

Hi Bigbert,

Yes, it would be easy if ZF Japan can service this matter, but upon approaching them of this issue, ZF Japan office declined to help, due to Hino changing the Differential Gear Ratio beyond what is accepted by ZF. Hence, my search for consultant support to solve this problem on our own.